Saturday, October 1, 2022

At a multi-stake conference, Elder Russell Ballard said, 

"Please be content and enjoy the blessings you have already received instead of becoming a slave to unwise use of consumer debt." 

What great counsel! As I read the journals of my ancestors, I have come across mention of new inventions during the course of their lives, inventions they appreciated very much, such as: the electric sewing machine, indoor plumbing, the electric iron, a washer and dryer, and the garage door opener.  I have come to realize how richly blessed I am to live in this day and age when there are so many conveniences.

As I think about the life I live and my daily jobs and comforts, I am especially appreciative of....a dishwasher, an electric stove and oven, clean, indoor water, a warm shower, a comfortable bed, windows, a sturdy roof, cars that work and roads that are paved, a cupboard full of food, carpet, insulation, air conditioning, a furnace, a washer and dryer, couches, a dining room table and chairs, a counter top to work on, and so on. I am incredibly blessed.

(Elder Ballard's quote is taken from the September 2019 Ensign)

No comments:

Post a Comment