Fast forward to over a year later when a young man in our ward is asked to give a talk in our Sacrament meeting on finding joy in Christ. The talk was excellent, and after the meeting I complimented the young man and he mentioned to me, and to two young women who were nearby, that he used the "two words" in the talk. It took us a minute to remember what he was talking about, then it all came back to us. We exclaimed in amazament to this young man who had remembered the challenge and the two words and cleverly woven them into his talk months later!
Could you find a place for "stumped" and "minestrone" in a talk?!
The most joyous thing that happened to me last week was receiving this text from a niece. She sent it to my siblings and their spouses:
Dear Family, I felt that I should share with you all what I have been feeling deeply in my heart the past month or so. I just finished reading the Book of Mormon..I started it at the beginning of the year after a period of time of resting the scriptures and not studying them as I should (not proud to report that). I wanted to share with you all that I have felt an incredible power enter my life as I have picked up the scriptures again and have began sincerely reading and studying each day. My testimony has been strengthened so much and my faith has increased. I have felt light enter my mind and heart and my life....I have felt a change of heart..to repent of being lazy in my study and to really make an effort to learn more about the gospel and to try and build my relationship with the Savior. I have felt the spirit strongly and I have felt the love of the Lord. I feel so grateful and humbled that the Lord is so patient with me and is always there with arms open to receive me. I am so grateful that as I have put in effort to learn and to connect with God, that I have felt him sending me love and the spirit and has blessed me with an increase of faith. He has done exactly what he said he would do....and I trust that he will continue to bless me and help me learn and grow if I continue to put in the effort. I wanted to share that with you all. Also want to say how grateful I am for my brother _____, who has always been a rock for me has helped answer some of my questions and been there for me to talk to and share my faith and testimony with. Anyways, Love you all and am so grateful for you!


No comments:
Post a Comment