I am deeply grateful for a living prophet who is on the earth today--even President Russell M. Nelson. I know he is a man of God and that He serves under the direction of Jesus Christ. This week President Nelson shared five important truths:
Truth number one: You are sons and daughters of God.
Truth number two: Truth is truth.
Truth number three: God loves every one of us with perfect love.
Truth number four: The Lord Jesus Christ, whose Church this is, appoints prophets and Apostles to communicate His love and teach His laws.
Now, for the fifth truth: You may know for yourself what is true and what is not by learning to discern the whisperings of the Spirit.
At the close of his remarks (September 17, 2019), President Nelson said:
My dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to seek earnestly a
confirmation from the Spirit that what I have told you is true and is
from the Lord. He has declared that we may seek knowledge from heaven
and expect to receive it: “If thou shalt ask,” the Lord promised, “thou
shalt receive revelation upon revelation, knowledge upon knowledge.”
Ask
your Heavenly Father if we truly are the Lord’s Apostles and prophets.
Ask if we have received revelation on this and other matters. Ask if
these five truths are—in fact—true.
I have a brother who texted, "After listening to it [the talk], I felt like I needed to do what he asked, and get on my knees and ask if the 5 truths were true, and for a confirmation that he and the apostles are guiding us. He asks it so directly, how can you not?"
As for me...I know that I am a daughter of God and that truth is truth.
I understand that God loves every one of us with a perfect love.
I have a testimony that there are prophets and Apostles on the earth today, appointed by Jesus Christ to teach laws, and communicate the Savior's love.
I do not have to take President Nelson's word for it, although he is a brilliant and wise individual. I can know for myself if these things are true, and I do know.

No comments:
Post a Comment