Sunday, September 22, 2019

Our Ward YW President gave another great lesson today, with the help of a Laurel.  We read scriptures from Luke, chapters 4 and 5.  The section in Luke 5 where Christ gives counsel to Peter was especially interesting to me.  Christ directed Peter to:
1. Thrust out a little.
2. Launch into the deep.
3. Let down your nets.
We talked about what those points meant for Peter, and how this counsel is applicable to us. How can we "thrust out a little," and "launch into the deep?"  Am we letting down our nets and allowing the Lord to pour in the blessings and inspiration He desires to give us?

Peter's reply is full of humility. He answered, "We have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net." Peter was an experienced fisherman and had tried everything he knew in order to catch fish, and yet he was willing to heed the counsel of Christ and try something different. 

This lesson made me ponder--am I doing things the way I have always done them? Am I open to inspiration and suggestions from a higher power? Am I humble enough to listen to counsel and try something new?

No comments:

Post a Comment