Wednesday, May 11, 2016

I went on a walk today with a friend and we talked about different things that have happened in our lives and we came to the conclusion that life is partly for the purpose of learning to process feelings.  You can't tell feelings not to come, because they naturally will.  I think that all of us will at some time feel frustration, anger, resentment, jealousy, disappointment, pride, envy, or a myriad of other "negative" emotions and we must learn to deal with those feelings and process them in the correct way.  Later in the day I read this quote from Elder Bednar:

We are imperfect human beings striving to live in mortality according to Heavenly Father's perfect plan of eternal progression.  The requirements of His plan are glorious, merciful, and rigorous.  We may at times be filled with determination and at other times feel totally inadequate.  We may wonder if we spiritually can ever fulfill the commandment to stand spotless before Him at the last day.  With the help of the Lord and through the power of His Spirit, indeed we can be blessed to realize our spiritual possibilities.

Elder Bednar described the different feelings I have perfectly.  Sometimes I am filled with determination and other times I feel inadequate, but I will keep striving and keep trying and with the help of the Lord I can and will progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment