Sunday, June 30, 2024


A classmate suggested I read the talk by Thomas S. Monson titled "The Divine Gift of Gratitude," which I did today. Here are a few favorite lines:

"My brothers and sisters, do we remember to give thanks for the blessings we receive? Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God’s love.

This is a wonderful time to be on earth. While there is much that is wrong in the world today, there are many things that are right and good.

If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues."

I thought it an appropriate time to list some of the blessings I am grateful for:
I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. 
I am grateful for the members of the Godhead.
I am grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I am grateful to serve in the temple.
I am grateful for the power that comes through covenants.
I am grateful for the scriptures.
I am grateful for President Nelson and other church leaders.

I am grateful to be a sister, wife, mother, and grandma.
I am grateful for families and the support we give one another.
I am grateful for the blessing of friends.

I am grateful for a body and mind that work.
I am grateful for books and the freedom to read and learn.
I am grateful for the beautiful world I live in and eyes to see it.
I am grateful for music and ears to hear it.

I am grateful for prayer.
I am grateful for adversity and challenges.
I am grateful for weakness.
I am grateful for each new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment