Monday, October 31, 2022

Random thoughts and experiences from this past week:

We watched this movie and liked it. 

I memorized the words to the hymn "For the Beauty of the Earth," and have been saying them over and over. The lyrics have helped me recognize my blessings.

The talks suggested in Come Follow Me have been outstanding and have helped me see things clearly.

The celestial room of the Payson Temple is very beautiful! The grandeur and peacefulness calmed my soul.

I saw faith in action this week as callings were extended to individuals who, because of life circumstances, exhibited trust in the Lord in accepting these callings. 

I heard meaningful tributes by four sons at the funeral of their father.

At a viewing on a stormy night, I saw two men carry in an elderly gentleman as he was too feeble to walk from his car into the building. Their service touched me, and the desire of the elderly gentleman to want to go to the viewing to show love and respect to the family of the deceased.

I celebrated with a family history specialist when we added names to two families on Family Search. 

After a busy day of Church meetings, we met our college-age son in a car by his church building, and enjoyed sandwiches from a cooler and visiting.

I received the flu shot and a Covid booster and woke up in the night with sore arms, but I can deal with that small inconvenience. 

I tied another quilt for the refugees with sheets from my parent's home. I smile because my parents would love to know their sheets (in good condition) are being used to help someone else.




No comments:

Post a Comment