Monday, April 4, 2022

What a pleasure it was to attend General Conference this past weekend! We met wonderful people from around the world and were uplifted and strengthened.

I understand that as soon as conference finished, or maybe as it was going, individuals started to critique the talks. I am not a part of that. I stand with the prophet and the other General Authorities.  I listen to conference not to find fault, or something to debate, but I listen for ways that I can improve. General Conference provides instruction for those who seek to elevate their discipleship. I loved each of the speakers and I sustain them.

A few thoughts from my conference journal:

Each of us has a role.  What is my role?
Pay no attention to secular scoffing. The Lord is on our side!
The great and spacious building is empty.
An unseen power will aide you.  Press on! Hold fast! Heed not!
Love generously.
Lord, I give you everything.
How do we know our heart is changing? When we want to please God in all things.
Accept His will in place of our own.
God is a God of miracles. Trust God's wisdom and promises. Seek and expect miracles!
In times of trouble, turn to Jesus Christ right away.
Boss your brain.  Do what matters. Give God a fair share of your time.
We do not demand revelation, but wait upon the Lord.
Am I asking? Am I seeking?
In the midst of the refiner's fire, do not get angry with God. Get close to God.
Go forth and change.
Assume accountability for the condition of your heart.
Share what you love about the gospel.
Bury inclinations to hurt others.
End personal conflicts.
Discover the joy of daily repentance.
Learn about God and how He works.
Forgive and seek forgiveness.
Progress on the covenant path with increased momentum.
Be faithful, not fearful.


No comments:

Post a Comment