I have been doing a lot of filing and sorting lately, oh and throwing out. This week I emptied an entire file drawer of folders containing young women's activities and ideas into the garbage, and it actually made me very sad. The files needed to be thrown out, but the memories associated with the files (and activities) brought sweet memories, and I did not want to let them go. In a box of saved letters I found a letter from Matthew's sister. She wrote to me a month before Matthew and I were married with marriage advice. I think many of the points she brought to my attention in the letter are worth repeating:
Husbands need a refuge.
Though every man is different, every man appreciates a wife who makes his home a place that he wants to come home to.
Keep up on these: laundry, dishes, bathroom cleaning, garbages, vacuuming, and making the bed.
If your home is a place of peace and serenity, Matthew will relate those feelings with you. He will be drawn to the home and to you.
Learn to bite your tongue.
Men have very real pressures that women often don't empathize with.
Don't live for him exclusively. Don't be a clinging vine because it is suffocating for the guy.
Dive into projects. Do things for you.
Talk about it.
Every situation is different.
Marriage is a wonderful state! You have the potential to be happier than you have ever been.
No comments:
Post a Comment