Monday, February 7, 2022

 Dear friend,
 
I have seen a lot of friends and family members fall ill from Covid and other illnesses the past few months. It is hard to be sick and I feel for them, especially when they think that Covid will only last a few days and be mild, and it lasts longer and is more uncomfortable than they expected. 

I am tired of wearing a mask, but I will continue to mask up because I know that it helps to prevent the spread of germs.

I have loved the feel of the past few weeks.  There has been time for me to throw myself into cleaning and organizing projects and though I still have much to do, there has been progress made and it feels wonderful! I am learning to tackle things little by little and not wait for a completely-open day or week, as that never happens.

I really enjoy being with people.  When I go to Provo to sort through things at my father's house, I am always accompanied by a family member, or two, or three, and the process has been delightful and sweet. I love the sewing day with friends once a month.  While we sew we visit, which is very enjoyable, plus I am able to finish up long-neglected projects. It is a blessing to meet new people at stake conferences. I like walking and talking with friends and using FaceTime, texting, and Marco Polo to communicate with family members.

I feel my testimony growing as I study and ponder.  I feel strengthened as I study in Come Follow Me, listen to General Conference talks, read the Liahona and other church books, and discuss gospel subjects with others. I am praying for an increase of humility. I am trying to rely on God more and not try to solve everything by myself. I am making an effort to be a more considerate and kind spouse. I am trying to listen more to the Spirit. There is much for me to work on, but I can feel God's love and encouragement as I try to improve.

May I tell you who I admire greatly? The missionaries that are serving now.  They have to be so flexible and patient as they adjust to new locations, circumstances, and guidelines. They press forward though the work is sometimes monotonous and lonely. I pray for them and know that God is aware of them.

Though winter is not my favorite season, there are beautiful things about this time of year, such as: a recent bright star in the sky, the moon light shining in my bedroom window, and the snow on the mountains. I am trying to find the good and be positive even though I much prefer warmth over cold.

Thank you for making a difference in my life and being there for me.
Janine


No comments:

Post a Comment