Sunday, January 23, 2022

Today a young man spoke in our church sacrament meeting. He talked about the influence his friends and family have had on him. He suggested that when we talk about missionary work, we remember to be missionaries to our friends who are active in the church, along with people who are not active, or are not religious.  I agree with his point. We are never too strong or converted to not need replenishment. It is strengthening and needed when we hear our family members and friends testify of truth, and to see them live the gospel principles they testify of.

I have been thinking about the positive influence of family members and friends in my life. I am blessed to have many "believing" family members and friends, and their lives are models for me. I listen to their words.  I notice their actions.  I feel solidity when I think about facing the adversary as a band of believers, and not a sole individual. We look out for and lift one another.  

All of my friends, believing or not, are of value to me. Some family members are not presently active in the church, and they are still (of course) very important and needed.

Life is meant to be lived together. How would we learn the principles of charity, forgiveness, long-suffering, tolerance, patience, and unity if not for each other? I thank the Lord for family, friends, neighbors, variety, differences, and a chance on earth to learn and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment