Explore religious groups in the U.S. by tradition, family and denomination
Christian 70.6%
Evangelical Protestant 25.4%
Mainline Protestant 14.7%
Historically Black Protestant 6.5%
Catholic 20.8%
Mormon 1.6%
Orthodox Christian 0.5%
Jehovah's Witness 0.9%
Other Christian 0.4%
Non-Christian Faiths 5.9%
Jewish 1.9%
Muslim 0.9%
Buddhist 0.7%
Hindu 0.7%
Other World Religions 0.3%
Other Faiths 1.5%
Unaffiliated (religions "nones") 22.8%
Atheist 3.1%
Agnostic 4.0%
Nothing in particular 15.8%
Don't know 0.6%
This is the current religious research study exhibited on pewforum.org. When I looked deeper into the study, I saw interesting things, such as...
--Of the 35,000 people surveyed across the United States, more believed in God than did not.
--Though "Mormons" account for only 1.6 % of Christians, their "certainty in belief in God" is impressively high.
--The poor outnumber the rich in the category of those that are certain in their belief in God, as do the uneducated compared to the educated.
--Those that are married outnumber the unmarried in the category of believers.
In summary, I am encouraged by what I read in the survey. 70% of those surveyed identified themselves as Christians, with 63% claiming a certainty in their belief in God.
No comments:
Post a Comment