I have noticed the last few days that I have been impatient. I don't know what the hurry is or why I need to move people along, including myself. I guess the good news is that I recognize it and can now work on it. I looked at an article titled "Feel Disconnected? Try Slowing Down" by Charlotte Larcabal. I had read it once before and thought I needed a review. Here is some of what Charlotte had to say:
I may have been doing all the right things, but I was doing them at high speeds and with shallow focus.
For me, slowing down meant kneeling and speaking out loud as I prayed. The reverent posture and my own audible words helped me focus better.
We can certainly embrace the technology and advances that make daily tasks easier and enable us to use our time more efficiently. But we can't afford to adopt the distracted living and shallow thinking that so often come with it. Instead of dreading the need to wait, we can embrace it as an opportunity to slow down, meditate, and deepen our connection with the Spirit.
(July 2018 Ensign)
No comments:
Post a Comment