Thursday, March 18, 2021

 

At the October 2020 General Conference, President Russell M. Nelson besseched:
 
I encourage you to make a list of all that the Lord has promised He will do for covenant Israel.  I think you will be astounded! Ponder these promises.  Talk about them with your family and friends.  Then live and watch for these promises to be fulfilled in your own life.
 
I have spent several weeks looking for answers in the scriptures regarding the blessings the Lord has promised covenant Israel.  I will summarize here and spare you the pages of notes. 

Covenant Israel is promised God's presence.
And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people (Lev. 26:12)
 
The covenants which were made with the House of Israel will be remembered.
I may remember the covenants which I have made unto the children of men; that I may set my hand again the second time to recover my people; which are of the house of Israel (2 Nephi 29:1).
 
Those of the House of Israel will be special to God.
Ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people: that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light (1 Peter 2:9).  
 
The House of Israel will be gathered in.
I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered (Ezekiel 11:17).
 
God's covenant people will receive spiritual power.
Yea, at that day, will they not receive the strength and nourishment form the true vine? (1 Nephi 15:15)
 
The House of Israel will be protected.
I will bless them that bless thee and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed (Genesis 12:3).  
 
Those not in the covenant with God will be blessed through the covenant people.
Which covenant the Lord made to our father Abraham, saying: In thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed (1 Nephi 15:18).
 
Other blessings promised to covenant Israel include: temples, seed, comfort, blessings, the Atonement, and the turning of hardship into glory. The blessings are indeed marvelous!

No comments:

Post a Comment