Thursday, March 11, 2021

I cannot adequately describe what I see early in the mornings.  The light of the sun slowly shows itself above the snowy mountains and the sky is filled with a mixture of pinks and yellows and blues.  I love it!

I agree with the words of Chakell Wardleigh Herbert:

I’m grateful for the spiritual places we can go to get away from the busyness of life, like the temple or even a quiet room in our homes. I have also found that being in nature and its peacefulness has helped me connect with Heavenly Father.

Nature acts as a sort of personal sacred space for me, and I learn so many spiritual truths from spending time in it. Even the simplicity of changing seasons reminds me that through a dark, bitterly cold season, flowers will always bloom again. And the fact that an oyster can create a pearl out of a tiny grain of sand shows me how much potential I have as well.

There is something about being in the quiet outdoors that grounds me and helps me remember the significance of my life (and all life) on the earth. Nature reminds me that if God had time to craft that single blade of grass beneath my feet, the details of a butterfly’s wings, and the tiny gnats buzzing around my head, then He must have taken extra care to thoughtfully create me and each of His children too. Witnessing the beauty of the natural earth and all its intricate details is a great reminder of who I truly am.

I believe that spending time outdoors creates a powerful opportunity for us to turn our hearts to Heavenly Father and to hear Him. I know it has been for me.

When I take time to set aside the things of the world and appreciate His creations, I find it easier to feel His Spirit and the strength, guidance, and peace He offers. That’s when I can truly see His hand in the beautiful, intricate details in my life and in all things.

(March 2021 Liahona, "How Nature Helps Me Connect with the Creator")


No comments:

Post a Comment