Wednesday, February 17, 2021

 I Make a Difference

By Mya Hawkins, age 8

 

I matter because... 

Without me, my brother would be catching bugs alone.  

Without me, my volleyball team might not earn as many points. 

Without me, my grandma wouldn’t have someone to sew with. 

Without me, my little sister wouldn’t have my piano music to dance to. 

Without me, my mom wouldn’t have someone to do the laundry with. 

Without me, my brother wouldn’t have the cool Lego pool I built him. 

Without me, my house wouldn’t have my beautiful paintings hanging up. 

Without me, my older sister wouldn’t have someone to play Marco Polo with in the pool. 

Without me, my friends wouldn’t have anyone there to play with them. 

Without me, my mom wouldn’t have someone to bake with. 

Without me, my dad wouldn’t have someone to give him a head scratch. 

Without me, my little sister wouldn’t have someone to read her books. 

Without me, my cousin wouldn’t have someone to play dress-ups with. 

Without me, my doll wouldn’t have a matching blanket with anyone.

 Without me, my great-grandpa wouldn’t have someone to ask math questions.

 Without me, my neighbor with cancer wouldn’t have nice notes on his doorstep. 

Without me, my cactus would not have anyone watering it. 

Without me, my Beanie Boos would be lonely.

Without me, my sister wouldn’t have anyone to make movies with.

Without me, my lego ninja wouldn’t have the apartment complex I built him. 

Without me, my bunnies wouldn’t have someone to pet them really softly. 

Without me, my parfait recipe with milk would never have been invented. 

Without me, my family wouldn’t have a really good raspberry picker. 

Without me, my front yard would have a lot more weeds. 

Without me, my dad’s famous fried potatoes wouldn’t get eaten as fast.

Without me, my brother wouldn’t have anyone to pick the pokies off his shoes. 

These are some reasons I matter!

 

(I love this!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment