I appreciate the article by Elder Stevenson in the October 2019 Ensign titled "Blessings of a Gospel Perspective." Here are some of his words:
A gospel perspective will give you greater clarity regarding how you think about your life priorities, solve problems, and face personal temptations.
Balance is achievable. I promise that one of the greatest miracles of your mortal existence will be your ability to find balance between your spirituality and other important life roles. This outcome is predicated on your appropriate focus and effort to find balance. To remain balanced in our lives requires our constant effort and care.
Actively choose to stay steady.
I love these words. First Elder Stevenson admonishes us to look at our lives through a gospel lens. When I look at my life through a gospel lens I definitely see things differently. I struggle between what I want and what the Lord would have me do.
He then talks about balance, and fitting in spirituality with everything else we have going on in our lives. He promises us that we can find an appropriate balance with continued focus and effort. Something as important as being centered or balanced requires "our constant effort and care."
Then he delivers the capstone sentence of the article, at least for me--when he admonishes us to "actively choose to stay steady." Yes! I want to actively choose to stay steady. I want to be on the straight and narrow path and not falter. I want to consistently live the gospel and repent and change. There is joy and safety in staying on the path.

I loved that talk as well! Elder Stevenson and I share the same Great Great Grandfather. EDWARD Stevenson, very first president of the seventy. BTW, many congratulations on your new journey and calling in life! You and your dear husband will be amazing!
ReplyDelete