Thursday, February 7, 2019


To my daughters and daughters-in-laws:

Today I would like to express my gratitude for you. Yes I love the men of the family and the grandchildren are absolutely adorable, but I have a special place in my heart for each of you. You play a estimable and meritable part in our family, and the way you fulfill your roles as wives and mothers touches us all. What you do is of great worth! Though you may not hear the applause from crowds of people, I applaud you for your day-after-day, unselfish efforts.

There is not one right way to manage a household and/or a family. Though I preferred to do laundry one day and ironing the next, you may not do it that way. I followed a friend's advice to purchase all white sheets for children's beds, and you may have different colored sets for every room. Many days I made our small children wait until 10 o'clock for a morning snack, and you may choose 9:30 or no snack at all, or whatever! You get the idea. There are a hundred other details such as this, and you may handle the details differently than I did or different than each other, but that is of no consequence. Be assured that I am not judging you. I did what I thought best for my situation and you are doing what is best for yours. You are capable and smart and you know (or will know) how to manage your home and family. I will try to keep quiet about the way things were (or are) done around here so that you feel the freedom to organize your home and life the way you think best.  Know that I am cheering you on, because you really are doing a great job.

The day-to-day caring, nurturing, loving, consistency, smiling, and trying is what is most important. Just keep trying. Your home will not be perfect and your children will not be perfect, but that is okay. You cannot control everything, but you can control whether or not you step into the ring each morning, and you can control your attitude about it all. Every minute you spend building your marriage and your family will come back to bless you. I love and admire you!

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment