Monday, February 4, 2019

I'm still thinking about the 13 habits of humble people.  When I read that article I was pricked and I knew I needed to work on being humble.

Today I read words from Elder D. Todd Christofferson regarding how the Lord teaches, chastens, and rebukes us. He said:
If we are open to it, needed correction will come in many forms and from many sources.  It may come in the course of our prayers as God speaks to our mind and heart through the Holy Ghost.  It may come in the form of prayers that are answered no or differently than we had expected.  Chastening may come as we study the scriptures and are reminded of deficiencies, disobedience or simply matters neglected. Correction can come through others, especially those who are God-inspired to promote our happiness.  Apostles, prophets, patriarchs, bishops, and others have been put into the Church today, just as anciently, 'for the perfecting of the saints.'
(April 2011 General Conference)

Or words of correction can come through a Forbes article. I have been taught in each of the ways Elder Christofferson mentioned, and the Spirit speaks to me heart and mind almost daily, telling me ways in which I could improve. I'm open to it and thankful for revelation and correction.

No comments:

Post a Comment