I liked this mystery with Rex Harrison and Doris Day.
I would not have guessed the ending.
I bet you have seen it.
Funny to have "Perry Mason" as the bad guy!
This show heats up at the end.
This show produced much discussion between Matthew and I.
Oh the consequences of our choices!
I liked the book (Mama's Bank Account) and the movie,
especially the star--Irene Dunne.
This show portrayed a family with messy relationships,
but there were some winning lines at the end.
Son: You can't buy love!
Father: The place, the money, and every rotten thing is yours.
Son: I don't want money. It's a waste. It's worthless. I never wanted your place or your money. All I wanted is a father. I wanted you to love me. You gave us things--all the junk, but not love. The men who build empires die and empires die too. What's the good of living if you don't have something to believe in? You own us but you don't love us.
Father: I've got the guts to die. What I want to know is if you've got the guts to live?
There's one thing you can't buy in any market on earth, that's your life. You can't buy your life when it's finished.
Two other movies with psychological twists are "A Streetcar Named Desire" (it drove me nuts because the lady is nuts) and "Vertigo" with a plot that will take you by surprise.





No comments:
Post a Comment