Monday, September 24, 2018

One of the delights of my childhood was that every summer we drove to Idaho and then to Canada to visit grandparents.  My Canadian grandma had a poster on her wall that read, "The five most important words are....., the four most important words are....the three most important words are...'(and so on). I was intrigued with the poster and often thought of which words best fit the category as most important.  Yesterday in a combined young women's lesson, we talked about language and how our use of words can demonstrate our discipleship.  Here is what we came up with as the most important English words:

The 5 most important words are:
I believe in Jesus Christ.
I love my Heavenly Father.
How can I help you?
Let's go to the temple!
I'm not perfect, but close.
You can count on me. 
You did a good job.


The 4 most important words are:
Time for scripture study!
I'm proud of you!
Nice to see you!
What do you think?
I made a mistake.
May I help you?


The 3 most important words are:
I love you.
How are you? 
You're the best!
I'll be there.
I'm not perfect.
You are right.

The 2 most important words are:
Thank you!
I'm sorry.
You're awesome!
Hey there.
Good job.
Don't hate!
What's wrong? 
You're great!

Some very important singular words are:
Please.
Try.
Hi.
Food!
Love.
Service.
We. 
Awesome.
Hooray.
Christ.
Thanks.
Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment