Sunday, August 26, 2018

By far the most compelling thing I have read this week is the words of Job. He had a steady and trusting relationship with God that saw him through very tough times.  His external world was in upheaval, and yet his inner core remained solid. Job did not turn his back on God nor revile Him, no matter the wrenching losses he endured. I marvel at Job's faith and integrity.

"Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither.  The Lord gave and the Lord hath taken away.  Blessed be the name of the Lord."

"His troops come together and raise up their way against me and encamp round about my tabernacle.  He hat put my brethren far from me and mine acquaintances are verily estranged from me.  My kinsfolk have failed and my familiar friends have forgotten me. I called my servant, and he gave me no answer.  Yea, young children despised me.  My bone cleaveth to my skin and to my flesh and I am escaped with the skin of my teeth....For I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth. And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God."

"Til I die I will not remove mine integrity from me.  My righteousness I hold fast and will not let go."

No comments:

Post a Comment