Saturday, April 8, 2017


The following quote is from Professor Jeffery Thompson in a BYU Devotional.  I love how the mission president's wife found purpose in her daily activities:



As I was nearing my full time mission release, I anticipated a sense of loss when I could no longer give all my time to serving God.  At a zone conference, my mission president opened the floor for Q & A on any topic.  I raised my hand and asked, “After our missions are over and we are no longer full-time servants of God, how can we keep a sense of purpose?” Before the mission president could answer, his wife leapt to her feet and literally elbowing him aside, said, “I’ll take this one.”

I will never forget her response.  As near as I can recall, she said, “When I do the laundry, I am building the kingdom of God.  When I scrub the floors, I am serving the Lord.  When I tidy the clutter, I’m an instrument in His hands.  I do a lot of mundane jobs, but if my eye is single to God and I’m trying to serve my family, then I feel as much purpose in my work as a missionary can.”

No comments:

Post a Comment