Sunday, July 17, 2016


14 people came to visit!  We had company for 19 days and it was wonderful.  The washing machine was often running, showers sometimes had a waiting line, people slept on couches when beds were all taken, babies occasionally cried, toys were underfoot, the door was left open and flies flew in, we had to make frequent trips to the store for milk and eggs, but we got along and managed even while all piled into one house.  I loved the time we had to visit, I loved watching the grandkids interact, I loved the late night adult soccer game and the family testimony meeting.  I loved having people pitch in with meal preparation, table setting, and dish washing.  I loved crowding around the counter to frost and enjoy homemade donuts.  I loved seeing the fathers parent their little children, along with the mothers.  I loved the missionary advice that was given to Logan.  I loved to see the grandchildren greet their grandpa when he walked in the door after being at work or at church meetings.  I loved picking raspberries with the grandchildren and filling bowls and making jam.  I loved the rounds of the game "Masterpiece" and watching puzzles be done on the kitchen table.  I loved watching fireworks on our backs on blankets, throwing water balloons (or biting water balloons) on the front lawn, seeing the little ones jump on the tramp, and the intense games of kubb.  I loved being together!  I have not yet cleaned the finger prints off the sliding door because those hand prints represent little people that I love and miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment