Thursday, May 5, 2016
I'm still thinking about the Relief Society lesson we had on Sunday about tithing. A few sisters shared some marvelous stories from their lives about the blessings of tithing. One sister is going through a difficult trial right now. Her husband is unemployed. She has received two calls from companies that say their family has a credit and can they send a check. "Sure!" she replies. One sister talked about how her water heater lasted years longer than it was supposed to, and when she finally had some extra money in the bank, it broke. She had the money to replace it. Another sister was a single mother for a couple of years and was trying to provide for her family but finances were tight. Her parents were able to rent out a property that had not previously been rented and they gave her the money they earned from that. This sister was taken care of. In all of these cases, I think that the sisters were utilizing wise financial practices along with paying their tithing, but I was impressed that each of them gave credit to the Lord and were faithful and grateful. I cannot say exactly what has happened in my life because of tithing, but I know we have been richly blessed. We have driven used cars for years and years and they keep going. We have purchased appliances and used them for many years, longer than they normally last. I guess more important than the financial blessings are the spiritual protection and power that we are blessed with as we keep this commandment, or any commandment. This cannot be seen visibly, but it is felt.
Labels:
Tithing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment