Saturday, April 23, 2016



Today I sat in the cold for eight hours watching a frisbee tournament.  I had on warm boots and thermals and I used an oversized umbrella.  Even though I was cold and shivering, I did not feel sorry for myself because I had a car to get into at the end of the day and I had food and a warm house to come home to.  Ever since I read the book The Price We Paid, I have thought often of the pioneers, especially those in the Willie and Martin Handcart Pioneers. I thought today how the pioneers would have loved my pair of boots and thermals. They would have loved to have a place to come into at the end of each day and they would have loved a cupboard full of food.  I am so fortunate.  I live a very comfortable life.  My physical needs are met and I do not worry about many of the things they worried about.

I live in a different time than they did with a different set of challenges and yet somehow, I must prove faithful, just as they did.

(I would highly recommend this book)

No comments:

Post a Comment