Monday, June 2, 2014






They say that money can't buy you happiness, but there are some things in life that sure make me happy that came about because of money.
Isn't it marvelous that with a touch of the button I can turn on heat when it is cold, and turn on air conditioning when it is hot?  What a marvelous thing!
I put my dirty dishes in a dishwasher and they come out shining and clean.
I put piles of laundry in the washing machine, put in some soap, 
come back a half hour later and all of the clothes are clean.
I stick those wet, clean clothes in a dryer, push a button, 
come back later and they are all dry and ready to be folded.
I click a little button and my garage door goes up.  
I remember,at a home we used to live in, that I had to get out of 
the car and manually open and shut the garage door.
I have electricity to power all of these appliances and motors.
I have choices of things to have for dinner.  
How many people in the world have options and variety each meal? 
I am blessed.  I am comfortable.
I own more than one pair of shoes and more than one coat.
I have a roof over my head to protect me from the elements.
I have soft green grass in the yard.
I am able to visit the doctor and dentist as needed and purchase 
medicine, when needed.
I have a car to drive in and money to purchase gas for the car.
I have a table and chairs to sit on when eating and a bed to sleep on.
I have access to clean water in the house to drink and to cook with.
A truck pulls up weekly and takes away all of my garbage.
I feel blessed to live in America.
I feel blessed that my husband has a job.
I feel lucky to be alive now, when there are so many modern conveniences.



No comments:

Post a Comment