Monday, October 14, 2024

 Three people I want to remember.

A.: I was asked to visit you because it was difficult for you to leave your room because of the machines you were hooked up to. You had such a bright mind! You engaged immediately in conversation and told me about your family and career. I noticed your positive outlook on life, and I was impressed. Of most interest to me was the fact that you were studying the nature of God, and you wanted to talk about what you were learning. I too have been studying about God and I promised to bring in my notes so that we could continue our discussion. We were interrupted by an aide who took your order for lunch. I remember you ordered cherry pie with ice cream and you had a smile on your face thinking about it.
Sadly you passed away a few hours later and we never were able to continue our discussion. Still, you lifted me. I remember you and what I learned from you.

Ge. was a ray of sunshine! She knew the people who lived by her and she cared about them. She also paid attention to the upcoming activities at the center and supported them. She not only attended the activities and made them fun, but she brought others along with her. I noticed how she found the good in family members as well as staff members.  I learned from Ge. how to be a lifter, even at her age! It was an honor to know her!

Ga. was stricken with a series of strokes which left her unable to communicate clearly, but I sensed her mind was still intact and I talked with her as if she completely understood me. Her smile melted my heart and I also loved her laugh. Ga. was a nurturing soul, often carrying around a babydoll or stuffed animal. She tenderly rocked the baby and sang to it. How I wished I could have known you in previous years. It was an honor to walk with you, talk with you, and sing with you. I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment