Wednesday, June 5, 2024

 I attended an art show titled "Certain Women" in Provo yesterday.  Here were a few of my favorite pieces.


"Careful Mending of the World" by Paige Anderson (two pictures above) 
"I love to think of creation, in its many forms as repeated acts of healing repair.  It is a hopeful thought that though my efforts are meager when compared to the magnitude of the suffering I see, somehow, someway, my small acts of creation, are able to reverberate outward--contributing to a greater wholeness."
 
 
"Measure of Life" by Annette Everett (above).
"The woman who stands with the veil lifted is a protector and a guide.  A guardian angel? An ancestor?"
 
 
"Be" by Morgan Casey (above).
Measure me?
My Mother Eve.
The Mother of Humanity...
Her power passed down generationally.
Divinely anointed,
Irreplaceably appointed,
I am Her posterity.
How can one attempt to measure femininity?
Life is created in my BODY.
GENERATIONS are held in my BELLY.
WORLDS of before and after, my eyes SEE.
I am the portal,
the gatekeeper,
the in between.
Can mere words be used to define all of feminine divinity?
I am
Immeasurably
Incomprehensibly
Eternally
EVERYTHING
I need 
To BE.



"Lift Up Your Voice and With Us Sing" by Lisa DeLong (two pictures above).
"We now are separated from our divine home, yet we intuit that there is more than the hazy shadows we see in a darkened glass. We see patterns of the heavens above echoed in the earth below. We are hungry to know, to remember more."


No comments:

Post a Comment