Sunday, March 31, 2024


 Dear Children and Grandchildren,

As you know, I have lost a mother, father, brother and grandparents, along with several dear friends. I miss them and think about them often, but I have a sure knowledge that I will see them again. My loss and sorrow have been swallowed up in the hope and anticipation I feel due to the Atonement and resurrection of the Savior. Without the triumph of Jesus Christ over death, my grief and sadness would engulf and swallow me. His triumph over the grave provides great joy as I anticipate the resurrection of every living soul. What a gift!

I have fallen short repeatedly in my quest to be a worthy disciple.  God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ are patient and merciful with me, and continue to meet me where I am. Without the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I would have no incentive to keep trying, for I would know that I am lost and dirty. To think that the Savior paid the price for my sins, my weaknesses, my disobedience, and my shortcomings, is very humbling. His love was so great that He suffered and died for me! Oh, it is wonderful! Oh, how I love Him! Through His Atonement, I can be made clean again. I know that as hard as I may try,  I cannot pay Him back, but when I think about what He has done for me, I am filled with great love for Him and with a desire to love and serve others. He has shown the way and modeled a life of unselfishness and giving. He is the bright light in my life, a substance that fills in my cracks and imperfections, and a needed rock that provides stability and strength. I bear testimony that He lives! He is our teacher, friend, example and Redeemer.  I know that He will come to the earth again in great glory and majesty and I look forward to that day.  I welcome Him into my life and admit that I am nothing without Him. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love, Mom/Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment