Thursday, February 15, 2024


I think this book is excellent!  Not only is it for the person who is grieving, but it is for all of those who are trying to comfort those that are grieving. Great thoughts on grief.

Stop lying. The next time someone you love asks you, give them the real answer (pg. 70).

I wish that all of us would take the time to sit with the sadness of another person.  To not rush through to a resolution or try to hand them a tissue or a lemon juicer.  To just…let the sadness sit there.  To feel with them (pg. 10).

What can you do? Because there’s always something you can do. Just…do something. Do it without needing a thank-you, or any acknowledgment.  Do it without thinking of what makes you comfortable (pg. 39).

I have had many conversations about grief where I felt like I’d been force-fed a spoonful of sugar when all I needed was the medicine of actually being seen and heard through my dark time.  All I needed was for someone to say, “That’s really hard,” and then shut their own mouth while I unleashed the torrent of thoughts that had been pent up in my mind since my last adult conversation (pg. 50).

No comments:

Post a Comment