Sunday, December 17, 2023

This picture titled "The Angel's Song" by Ellie Wilson Warner is magnificent! I love it! 

Some lines of lyrics from the Christmas hymns stood out to me today:

Let every heart prepare him room (#201, Isaac Watts).

Come and behold him. Oh, come let us adore him (#202. John F. Wade).

Come, adore on bended knee. Christ the Lord, the newborn king (#203, French carol).

Heavenly hosts sing Alleluia! Christ, the Savior is born! Son of God, love's pure light (#204, Joseph Mohr).

Mary was that mother mild, Jesus Christ her little child (#205, Cecil Frances Alexander).

I love thee Lord Jesus. Be near me, Lord Jesus; I ask thee to stay close by me forever, and love me I pray (#206, Anon.).

The hopes and fears of all the years are met in thee tonight.  How silently, how silently the wondrous gift is given! Where meek souls will receive him, still the dear Christ enters in (#208, Phillip Brooks).

Hail the heavenborn Prince of Peace! Hail the Son of Righteousness! Light and life to all he brings, risen with healing in his wings. Glory to the newborn King (#209, Charles Wesley).

Hasten the time when from every clime men shall unite in the strains sublime. Glory to God in the highest (#212, John Menzies Macfarlane)!

God is not dead nor doth he sleep (#214, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow).

Ring out the darkness of the land, ring in the Christ that is to be (#215).

No comments:

Post a Comment