Friday, March 17, 2023

We have this song in our family, and my daughter has been singing it to her foster son. It goes like this:

If I had to choose a three year-old boy, out of all the three year-old boys in the world (or insert name),
I would line up all the three year-old boys, and then I would choose you.
Oh, you are the one for me. You are the one for me.
Of all the three year-old boys in the world, you are the one for me.
 
This week, this darling little boy turned the song around and sang it to her:
If I had to choose a Mommy-Marie, out of all the Mommy-Marie's in the world.
I would line up all the Mommy-Marie's, and then I would choose you.
Oh, you are the one for me.  You are the one for me.
Of all the Mommy-Marie's in the world, you are the one for me.

When Marie told me about this, I thought my heart would burst with love for him, and for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment