What a sweet day. I feel a kinship with every mother in the world and I would like to hug all of them. We pour our hearts into motherhood and there is no other job like it, so we naturally feel a kinship to other mothers.
My heart aches for those mothers who are hurting. I have a friend who has one child and that child is in jail. I have ached for her all week. What about the ladies I know who would like to have children of their own and cannot? There are so many situations and so many emotions.
Motherhood certainly cannot be measured by the number of children you have, or how those children turn out. I know exceptional mothers whose children have chosen wayward paths.
Motherhood is in the trying, the unselfish years of caring, the sacrifice, the weariness, the teaching, the patience, and the partnership with God.
Motherhood is a marathon, not a sprint. Motherhood is a blessing, a classroom, a test, an opportunity, a garden, a canvas, a gift.
It is difficult for me to express the deep gratitude I have to Heavenly Father for allowing me the chance to be a mother here on earth. It is a role I cherish.

No comments:
Post a Comment