As you look at these two paintings, do you have any idea who the artist is? I didn't! The artist is President Henry B. Eyring of the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Here is what he said about these two paintings, and other original works which were displayed in an exhibit:
“My motivation in all of my varied creative work seems to have been a feeling of love. … I felt the love of a Creator who expects His children to become like Him—to create and to build. In addition, I have always had a feeling of love for my family, friends, and others who might gain some satisfaction and joy from my efforts. So, my hope … is that those who see this exhibit might feel both the Savior’s and my own love for them.”
(Henry B. Eyring, in Marianne Holman Prescott, “BYU–Idaho Displays President Eyring’s Artwork” (news story), Sept. 27, 2017, ChurchofJesusChrist.org.)


No comments:
Post a Comment