Sunday, May 9, 2021

 (Picture of my father and mother holding our youngest, Logan)

Hello Mom--Let's pretend for just a minute that the veil between heaven and earth is parted and I am able to give you a Mother's Day card. Of course I would love to run to you and hug and kiss you, but if a written missive is all that I am allowed, I will gladly take the opportunity.

I have been thinking about you this week and relishing in memories. I have fond memories of growing up, of living with you and learning from you. After I left the home you continued to have a great influence on me. Even though you are no longer with us, you continue to be a light and an example.

I admire your positivity. You never complained! You never murmured.  I don't remember you saying anything negative.  You must have felt those feelings occasionally (right!?), but you never expressed them. For you, life was happy, marriage was happy, motherhood was happy, and living the gospel was joyful and fulfilling. Your happiness and hope went hand in hand with your trust in the Lord.  You did not doubt His love nor His power.  You knew He would stand by His people (including you and your family), and you believed in His promises.  When you prayed, you had complete trust that He was listening and would respond. You were able to transmit this happiness and hope to your family members.  We leaned on your optimism and faith. We joked about your prayers being more powerful, but it was because we knew you were so believing! You backed up your pleas for help with great faith and marvelous blessings were granted.

I know that you are still watchful of family members, that you are smiling, and that your love is constant. I know you are about the Lord's work in some way. Your family members adore you and praise your name. You are forever loved!

3 comments: