Tuesday, March 30, 2021


 

It's really hard to say goodbye to a good friend. Gisela died on Friday and I have been mourning her loss ever since. What do I love about her? Let's see, where do I begin? 

I love her spunk and her feistiness. I love her smile and her good heart.  She was sooo talented and could do or make anything. One day I admired an art piece on her wall depicting the Golden Gate Bridge.  She had lived in California for many years as had I. She remembered my comment and she made me a stained glass Golden Gate Bridge art piece for my birthday. She baked and delivered. She went to the temple regularly. She helped me do the initiatory work for dozens of my ancestors. She was concerned about people. She went the extra mile. She was honest and humble. She said positive things to me and built me up. She was thoughtful. She was generous. She used her creative talents and various sewing/embroidery machines to make hand-crafted items for people. 

She was a caring wife and a devoted mother and grandma. Her husband has dealt with diabetes for fifty years and she was ever watchful of him and his condition. 

She was not afraid of cancer or chemo. She "got in the ring," put her boxing gloves on and began the fight, and she kept fighting even when she continued to get knocked down. When Matthew and I had Covid last fall, she delivered dinner to us even though she had just finished chemo treatments. 

I will miss her phone calls and the way she checked up on me. I will miss seeing her on Sunday at church. She always coordinated her jewelry to match whatever Sunday dress she was wearing. As I drive up Sego Lily, I will miss seeing her shovel snow or water flowers in her dress. I will miss seeing what project she is working on, or what recipe she made. She is a friend and an example and I am blessed to have known her!

No comments:

Post a Comment