Monday, February 8, 2021



Here is what I was thinking about today.... 

There have been times in my life when I have had busy "high-profile" callings. I needed to be organized, to plan my time carefully, to keep track of budgets, people, and responsibilities. I learned many skills from those callings and I grew and developed in numerous ways. I drew closer to the Lord as He tutored me and helped me along. Sometimes I felt overwhelmed at the magnitude of the responsibilities. I often look back and wonder how I did certain things, but I know it was because I was supported by my family and the Lord, and when you invite the Godhead to be with you as you serve, you are definitely carried. It has not only been while serving in callings when I have felt God's help, but those have been definite times of stretching.

Currently I am a ministering sister and have been asked to support my husband in his calling. This is a change for me. I have more time during the week to help aging parents, new twin granddaughters, and others. I am learning just as much at this stage of life as I did in other stages, though the things I am learning are different.  I am learning to: love deeply, seek to understand, set aside judgment, be patient and long-suffering, be optimistic, listen for promptings, and express love. My heart is receiving personalized training. No matter the stage of life, the Lord has tutored me and provided opportunities to learn. I am grateful.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment