Sunday, August 16, 2020

I don't know Ann Romney personally, but after reading her book I can tell that she is a good person possessing an abundance of wisdom. I would like to share a few lines from the book about prayer:

For me, prayer has always been a time for personal mediation, when I slow down everything going on around me to the point where I can simply listen.  At that point, I can hear those things that don't have a voice or are normally drowned out by the clatter of life.  Prayer gives me the time to be quiet and be completely present in the moment.  It takes me to a place where everything dissolves: no worries, no cares, just in the moment.

Prayer has always been an important part of Mitt's and my life, a way of reminding us that we are united with a higher power.  In times of crisis we have asked for guidance and the wisdom to understand how to navigate troubled waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment