Easter is usually a day that involves family, not just immediate but extended family too. We have Easter dinner together, a spiritual thought, and a visit from the Easter bunny (my brother), and there is joy and laughter and togetherness. Today it is just Matthew and I at home alone, but it is a special day nonetheless. We are Facetiming with the children and grandchildren and we will hear a nephew give a missionary report via Google Hangout later tonight. We have had time to read, study, and discuss. We are reminiscing about happy times and we are grateful for numerous blessings.
Matthew is still employed! Working from home has been okay for him.
We have food and water. Our supplies seem to last longer than they usually do.
We have been able to stay in our house during this pandemic and enjoy the comforts of home.
Our parents are doing well and are so far unaffected by the virus.
We keep in close contact with children and grandchildren.
We have wonderful Bishops in the stake who watch over their flocks, and stake members who look out for each other.
We have a loving, merciful Heavenly Father who knows us and understands what His children are experiencing.
We are able to approach God in prayer and He hears our prayers.
Nothing is missed by the Father--a plea, a cry, feelings of gratitude, or a petition.
I trust God and know that He is watchful and aware.
I am grateful for the Plan of Salvation and the opportunity to be here on earth. It is part of the plan to experience adversity and temptation while here on earth, and to live in a physical body.
Because of sin I have become unclean and can therefore not be in the presence of God, but I have a loving Savior who paid a great price for me and atoned for my sins.
I am indebted to Him and I love Him!
Through His atonement and triumphant resurrection, Jesus Christ conquered both physical and spiritual death, and I, along with all of God's children, have ambitious hope in the opportunity to return to the presence of the Father and one day be reunited as spirit and body in a resurrected state.
I have much to be grateful for!

No comments:
Post a Comment