Sunday, December 1, 2019

Why do I do what I do?

Why do I read the Come Follow Me assignments weekly, attend the temple regularly, work on family history projects, read the Book of Mormon daily, read the Ensign, listen to Conference talks, serve in a calling, memorize hymns and scriptures, write to missionaries, and strive to serve my family members and others?

It is not because I like to check things off a list, although I am fond of lists.  These actions are an offering to God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. I want to show my love for them by my obedience and consistency.

I know I cannot earn my way into eternal life.  I know I am quick to make mistakes and sin. I know I am fallen and would be unqualified, even though I strive to be obedient and do good. It is through the grace of God and the Savior's redeeming power that I am saved and have hope.

Thanks be to God!
Thanks be to the Savior who paid the price for our sins.
Thanks be for their mercy and unending love!

No comments:

Post a Comment