Sunday, September 9, 2018

I read an article the other day about Jimmer Fredette. A coach for the Shanghai Sharks, Brian Goorjian said,
"Other NBA players who did a stint here treated it like a prison.  They'd stand outside and smoke. They'd refuse to go into games, show up drunk, stay out all night, and skip practices. Not Jimmer. Jimmer has never missed a game. He never misses practice. He plays hard. I mean, it's like is this guy for real?  He's like a Boy Scout. I've never heard him swear. I've never heard him talk bad about anyone. He's polite to everyone. Signs every autograph. He's in bed early."
(From "The Lonely Master: From March Madness to Shanghai, the unlikely journey of Jimmer Fredette" by  Jesse Hyde)

I applaud Jimmer's character and his determination to continue working and trying, even though his plans have not worked out exactly the way he expected.


No comments:

Post a Comment