Sunday, August 19, 2018

A note to mothers of young children:
     You are amazing.  You work tirelessly day after day, hour by hour, taking care of the physical needs of children, which can be very exhausting. You nurture, teach, train, and patiently nurture, teach, and train some more. Your work is the most important work that is done in the entire world. Though the importance of the work is unrivaled, it can be monotonous and thankless work. 
     As a mother, one of the most important things that you do is set patterns.  You serve meals consistently, wash linen, give baths, read books, and talk with your children--these things are done continuously and consistently and children come to rely on these secure patterns. Some mothers I know read scriptures daily with their children, or sing primary songs, or write letters to sick people.  You are molding the character of your children, and teaching them of God and to be sensitive to other people. 
     I thank you and I applaud you.  You are unselfish and incredible.  Your daily efforts are very important and form a foundational layer of society.

No comments:

Post a Comment