Wednesday, April 5, 2017

I was awake in the middle of the night last night.  I looked at the clock at 4:04, 4:25, 5:12 and then finally I just got up to exercise.
The reason I was awake is because I was stewing.
You see, there is this one professor that I am having a hard time with.
He is very smart.
He is very well read.
He has a doctorate degree.
He knows a lot more than me.
He likes to lecture.
I don't think he cares about what people in the class have to say about a subject even though we have over 75 people in the class.
The reading assignments are hard to understand because they are deep, but they are interesting.
I would love to know what Andrew, Michael, Trevor, Mae, Elizabeth, Brianne, and Alex (and so many more) have to say about the topics, but the professor does all of the talking.
If someone asks a question, the professor moves on quickly.
It's all about him getting through his notes and finishing the lecture.
Most of the class has tuned out by using their phones or laptops.
The tests are very difficult and I think he enjoys that.
I went to visit him once to talk about a reading that was jarring.  The material in the reading was in direct conflict with the gospel of Jesus Christ and that concerned me.  He ushered me out from his office quickly saying he needed to look over his notes for the next class.
I am sad for my other three classes to end, but not this one.
I am counting the days, even the minutes left in this class.
This class could be so much more.
I am disappointed and frustrated.
And yet, the reason I was up stewing is that I know I need to change my attitude--the problem is with me.
I do not have the power to change him, but I can change me.
I need to rise above this.
No one or no thing has the power to anger me, unless I let it.
And I have let it.
But I must change and improve and find the good and endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment