Today was a special Sunday. Many people at church taught me important things as they shared their testimonies, gave lessons, and made comments. Did I hear these comments today (more than I usually do on a Sunday) because I was fasting or because I came to church with an open heart? I don't know, but I do know that the Lord can give me personal messages through the words of others. Here are some things that I was grateful to hear today that I took note of:
Brother Lindsay--"The feeling and the spirit that you get when you read the Book of Mormon is undeniable."
Sean Rees--"Vacation is great but home is even better."
Betty Jane Fairchild--"Parents cannot raise their children alone."
Brother Morgan--"We're sent here to love each other."
Brother Christensen--"Don't seek to counsel the Lord. The Lord has the big picture. As we study the gospel, the Lord reveals the mysteries of Godliness to us. If we can't figure something out (in our mortal minds), then we should trust Him."
Sister Nelson--"When we are where we are supposed to be, when we are listening to those that are set apart to teach us, things will stick and the testimony in our heart will be strengthened."
Brother Jones' thoughts on Omni 1:26--"When we offer our all, the Lord gives us His all."
From the Bible Dictionary under "Prayer"--"Blessings require some work or effort on our part before we can obtain them. The object of prayer is not to change the will of God."
Thoughts from the Relief Society lesson taught by Sister Ovard--"The Lord requires a sacrifice. You must give up something. Just as how we keep the Sabbath is a sign to God, so is tithing. When you pay your tithing you narrow the distance between you and God."
No comments:
Post a Comment