This is what I am thinking today...I am grateful to be a mother! I love kids! I enjoy them at every stage. For me, motherhood has been very fulfilling. To those of you contemplating whether or not to have children, I would encourage you to do so because it is very rewarding, not just when the children are grown up, but all along the way. Don't listen to the people that tell you that babies are time consuming, that toddlers are terrible, that children are demanding, and that teenagers are a handful. You can find the bad or good in every situation and there is a lot of GOOD in motherhood that goes unnoticed.
As a mother, you will be stretched and your varied interests and talents will be utilized. You will develop skills you never knew you had and you will develop patience. Motherhood is a built-in growth plan, meaning that you as the mother can emotionally and mentally grow and develop. Don't be afraid of the work. Anything of great worth takes work. Take it as an opportunity to learn and become a better person. There is great variety in
motherhood. Enjoy the different things you do
each day. In my eyes, there is not another job with more flexibility
and variety. As a mother, you will be needed and what a wonderful feeling that is! As a mother, you are better suited to care for your children, to teach them, to nurture them, and to watch over them than anyone else. Your little ones will adore you and follow you and listen to you. Be the model that you need to be for them because they are watching and listening. I believe that children need you in every stage of their lives. They need to feel of your love and care.
I was lucky to have a mother that enjoyed being a mother. I knew it. She liked us and she enjoyed being with us. I am sure that she had days that were tiring and times when things were not as she had hoped or planned, but she acted as if there was not anything that she would rather be doing. That attitude made a difference. We were not a bother to her, nor an imposition. I have tried to enjoy motherhood as she did and I have loved it!
No comments:
Post a Comment